avr-gcc-list

[avr-gcc-list] Butterfly RS232?

From: Mike Young
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Butterfly RS232?
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 14:15:22 -0600

Looking at the schematic for the Butterfly, it's not readily apparent how it manages to translate levels for outbound data. The docs seem to say it's supposed to work, but my primitive understanding of electronics matches the results: non-receipt of "transmitted" data. It could also be my primitive understanding of the mega169's usart that's at fault. Is the ported gcc Butterfly usart code supposed to work?

Many thanks.
Mike.