avr-gcc-list

Re: [avr-gcc-list] Makefile problem and solution

From: Dave Hylands
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Makefile problem and solution
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 11:15:54 -0700

Hi Knut,

Replying to the list this time....

Exapmle from blcd.o.d:
blcd.o: blcd.c C:/WinAVR_20060421/avr/include/stdint.h \
 C:/WinAVR_20060421/avr/include/string.h \
 c:\WinAVR\bin\../lib/gcc/avr/3.4.6/include/stddef.h studio/global.h \
 studio/defines.h studio/types.h studio/blcd.h studio/lcd.h
studio/lcd.h ....

Hmmm. I'm using hand-coded makefiles, by my dependency files only have
relative paths in them. I generate them using this option on the gcc
command line:

-MMD -MF $(@:.o=.d)

The Solution is simple:
There is a define "HAS_DOS_PATHS" that need to be set. With this define
set the parser is running properly.

Yeah - it's getting confused by te extra colons in the 'C:/directory'

It seem to be a wrong compiling for the current Make.exe (version 3.81-1
as defined by Cygwin Setup).

Cygwin is trying to be like linux and not like windows. So it tends to
following the linux defaults so that tools and stuff from linux
compile/build more seamlessly.

But additionally all projects that are moved from Cygwin to Unix will
show the same message. For these project the dependency directory need
to be removed manually while the next rebuild  solves the problem.

Only if you use absolute paths. My stuff works equally well on both
environments, because it's using relative paths.

--
Dave Hylands
Vancouver, BC, Canada