avr-gcc-list

RE: [avr-gcc-list] invalid use of reg_unused_after in avr.c

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] invalid use of reg_unused_after in avr.c
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 05:58:12 -0700

<snip>
> AVR seems to be the only target to use dead_or_set_p so late.  Other
> targets use peephole optimizations
> to address such cases.
>
> Thoughts ?

Hi Tristan,

Unfortunately, there are not many people here who both work on the AVR port and
are familiar with GCC internals.

If you are looking at HEAD/4.4, then FYI, I have a general concern regarding
the state of the AVR port with IRA. AVR GCC will build, but no one has really
tested how the code generation is with IRA. There could easily be lurking
problems in 4.4.

If you think that something should be changed in the AVR port back-end, then
please send patches! :-) We're definitely open to getting things fixed.

Eric Weddington