avr-gcc-list

Re: [avr-gcc-list] problem building gcc 4.3.2

From: Galen Seitz
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] problem building gcc 4.3.2
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 23:50:29 -0700

Georg-Johann Lay wrote:
Galen Seitz schrieb:
Hi,

I'm trying to build RHEL/CentOS packages that match the latest winavr release. I've downloaded Eric's patches and incorporated them into the build process. The build dies during libgcc with this error:

When I look at avr/libgcc/config.log, I see that xgcc is being passed i386 options, which can't be correct:

What says "echo $CC"? Setting CC so some value can lead to errors AFAIR. Maybe same happens for CFLAGS, or you did not configure gcc correctly (like obj-path as subdir of source-path).

Thanks for the response. You correctly guessed the problem. The rpm spec file was setting some compiler environment variables. When I removed those lines, the problem was eliminated.

--
Galen Seitz
address@hidden