avr-gcc-list

Re: avr-crypto-lib

From: Paweł Si
Subject: Re: avr-crypto-lib
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2021 14:06:08 +0200

wt., 1 cze 2021 o 08:37 BERTRAND Joël <joel.bertrand@systella.fr> napisał(a):
RSA doesn't run as expected. With expopent=3 and length=512, program
doesn't crash but after four hours (@ 16 MHz on simavr), gdb shows that
program stays in RSA subroutines and doesn't return to main routine.
Something is probably broken somewhere.

try to replace in the example above:
  /* add your fix here */
with:
  bigint_adjust(&data);
  bigint_adjust(&public->exponent);
  bigint_adjust(&public->modulus);

The computation takes 4 seconds on my laptop.
Note that the "I" value changes (from I=0.. to):
   BIGINT: 0x40f5..
   L=14..
   I=6..

I've tried to find a "HOWTO use avr-crypto-lib" documentation,
but I couldn't find any, which is a little worrying (maybe I didn't try hard enough).
If there is no documentation reading the source code and test code is an option.

I have found a uECC library but I don't understand how use this library
to encrypt data (I think I have understand how I can sign data).

Best regards,

JB