avr-libc-dev

Re: support for atmega328PB?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: support for atmega328PB?
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 22:42:14 +0200

As Britton Kerin wrote:

> I notice this one doesn't show up all in include/avr :(

I'm not sure, perhaps there's already a bug/patch for it?

I started catching up with my AVR stuff. First was AVaRICE (because it
did not even compile anymore with recent compilers, for a bug that had
been fixed years ago). Next will be AVRDUDE, then avr-libc.

> It seems like it's just 328P with an extra serial port, i2c, SPI, some
> more PWM channels and QTouch.

Another option is to compare existing header files against what
Microchip delivers in their device packs. I'm not sure whether they
still use the same old avr-libc copyright header. If so, we could
integrate it directly, but even if they changed it to something else,
it might be easy enough top copy, paste & tune our header file from
328P.

There are probably a number of #ifdefs in surrounding header files
where the new device needs to be added then.

--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/