avrdude-dev

[patch #9963] UsbAsp 3 MHz patch for UsbAsp-flash firmware

From: Marcin Miskiewicz
Subject: [patch #9963] UsbAsp 3 MHz patch for UsbAsp-flash firmware
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2020 05:06:44 -0400 (EDT)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

I have patched the usbasp support for use of 3 MHz SCK as in the UsbAsp-flash
firmware:
https://github.com/nofeletru/UsbAsp-flash
(I am not the author of this firmware, however I have tested it and find it
useful).

My patch tests the capabilities of the firmware using the
USBASP_FUNC_GETCAPABILITIES request, so there should be no influence on the
devices which do not support 3 MHz. I have looked into the firmware's code,
and it would be theoretically possible to increase the SCK speed up to 6 MHz,
but this would be only reasonable when the target's F_CPU would be >18 MHz,
which I think is rare.

File Attachments:

Date: Sat 01 Aug 2020 09:06:42 AM UTC  Name: usbasp_sck_3mhz.patch  Size: 3KiB
  By: mamuttme