avrdude-dev

[patch #10154] Update to serial code management for custom connection pa

From: Dawid Buchwald
Subject: [patch #10154] Update to serial code management for custom connection parameters
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 08:18:05 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #4, patch #10154 (project avrdude):

[comment #2 comment #2:]
> It also looks a bit abusive to add flags to the setspeed() method.  If there
was a new setcflags() method then it could just be not called for all drives
that don't need to change the cflags, and none of the drivers would need to
change at all (default would apply if setcflags() is not called).

Well, to be fair, the problem is not new. If anything I would ask why serial
connection parameters (like number of databits and parity) are set in a
function called setspeed(). So yeah, I agree that it should probably be
"architecturally overhauled", but that would have to happen at the risk of
breaking compatibility with existing programmers. I don't have necessary
resources to ensure required quality, sorry.

> On a tangent - if thinking about overhauls, getting rid of the serdev (and
serial_recv_timeout) globals would be nice.

As long as you can propose any other way to still being able to use them - in
my code I also need to alter timeout.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?10154>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/