[Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom Development

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom Development
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 18:30:50 -0400

> Robert Morelli wrote:
> I'm potentially interested in working on Axiom.
> Are you coordinating the project?

Robert,

Yes, I'm the person coordinating the project. It is a rather large
project so I expect people will want to focus on particular areas.
There are several different ways that people will be able contribute
depending on their skills. The internal architecture is almost all
Common Lisp. The algebra is written in a high-level language known
as spad or aldor. New algebra needs to be written. The first release
of the system is going to be on linux but porting work needs to be
done to other platforms. The documentation needs expanding. The
user interface needs lots of work. If you visit the root page
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/axiom you'll see the overall
project. If you visit the homepage at:
http://www.nongnu.org/axiom you can see a list of open topics and
directions for work. The source code is not yet posted as I'm
in the process of getting the initial build to work.
What interests you about Axiom?