Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom on gcl 2.5.2 and powerpc: a first attemp

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom on gcl 2.5.2 and powerpc: a first attempt
Date: 02 May 2003 10:48:48 +0200

David MENTRE <address@hidden> writes:

> I have finally found that object_to_float code is defined in
> gcl-2.5.2/o/cmpaux.c but is commented out. Is it an error in gcl? I have
> missed a configure option?

Ok. I have made some progress by uncommenting the object_to_float
function code in gcl-2.5.2/o/cmpaux.c in making it not static (please
find patch below).

The good news is that with this modification Axiom starts to bootstrap
and to compile its libraries.

The bad news is that Yet Another Error(tm) pops up, this time related to
an undefined symbol within the lisp code:
"
Error: The function SYSTEM::MULTIPLY-BIGNUM-STACK is undefined.
"

Any idea how to fix that?

Best regards,
d.