[Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom Documentation

From: Martin N Dunstan
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom Documentation
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 09:32:39 +0100 (BST)

Hi Tim,

> Dr Dunstan,

I'd prefer "Martin" ;)

> You have written quite a bit about Axiom. I have a copy of your thesis
> work as well as a recent link to your tutorial listed at this site:
> http://www.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~mnd/documentation/axiom_tutorial.
> Axiom is just now becoming available and needs documentation which can
> be distributed with the source code and executables. Both your thesis
> and this tutorial would be very useful to future developers and users
> of Axiom. I'd like your permission to integrate your work as part of
> the distribution.

I've already given you permission, at least for my thesis. You're welcome
to use my Axiom tutorial as well although I must emphasise that I wrote it
to help me learn Axiom and my lack of background algebra shows through at
times!

Feel free to lift the files for the tutorial directly off the web. I can
send you a tar file of the directory if that would be easier. The current
location of the tutorial (on www.dcs.st-and.ac.uk) is less than ideal
since I no longer work at St Andrews. If you wanted to put up a copy of
the tutorial on an Axiom web site then please do.

Cheers,

   Martin