[Axiom-developer] AXIOM platform naming conventions

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] AXIOM platform naming conventions
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 05:29:39 -0400

David,

Schelter had a scheme for naming systems also.
It was part of the add-defs function.
Since the name is arbitrary perhaps the string used to
designate the name should also be arbitrary. It is only
a way to select a chunk out of the Makefile anyway.

I need to add the name to the yearweek variable so it
becomes part of the version information. Axiom used to
have a )bug command that would format email and sent it
to me. I'll have to write (or exhume) that code again.

re: advi
I included advi in the zips directory because one of the
tasks is to generate documentation files, which the current
build skips. I'm muttering to myself about ways to organize
the documentation library. I'd especially like to combine
the top level structure of Axiom's booklet library (this
needs a new name also since 'library' means so many things
to programmers).

I'd like to rip-and-tear the old Hypertex machinery and
redo it in terms of an ADVI based machine. We have to think
carefully about the long term with such issues as platform
porting (e.g. does ADVI run on windows?).

Tim
address@hidden
address@hidden