[Axiom-developer] CaSe, Mac, etc

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] CaSe, Mac, etc
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 20:26:01 -0400

Jaap,

re: congrats.
Thanks. Many people have worked hard to make it happen.

re: Mac OS X and Case
I'll rename or delete the uppercase files. The whole input file
scheme is going to change and the upper case files aren't necessary
anyway.

re: build issues
I borrowed a Mac running OS X and found somebody who had a gcc for it.
If you know how to port it to the Mac go for it. I ran into the fnct_key
issue also last week. Unfortunately I've been helping to host a group
theory conference and haven't touched it all week. Use #ifdef and #+
whenever you make a porting change. The general philosophy is that
Axiom should run everywhere on everything. You might want to check
with Camm about the Mac OS X GCL port.

re: common lisp
I have CMUCL, CLISP, and GCL running here but haven't had the chance
to look at ports. Axiom used to run on all of these as well as symbolics,
golden common, IBUKI, Franz, Lucid, CCL, and VMLISP. It should be the
case that Axiom is pure common lisp but you'll find idioms from all of
these other lisps laying around (e.g. KAF file format is the internal
file format for VMLISP). Each one has their special contribution.
CMUCL has a great (disassemble) function that I used heavily to
optimize function calling.

Tim
address@hidden