RE: [Axiom-developer] Handling of autoload messages in TeXmacs

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Handling of autoload messages in TeXmacs
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 17:03:47 -0400

Tim,

I have been playing with the line-breaker program
that you sent me last night. My goal is to incorporate
it into the tm_axiom program so that TeXmacs will
display Axiom output nicely.

By "nicely" I was expecting essientially what I see in
the Jenks & Sutor "axiom" book. So my first experiment
was with the example on page 1

  )set output tex on
  integrate(1/(x**3 * (a+b*x)**(1/3)),x)

I clipped the output between $$ $$ from Axiom into a file
named t1.tex. I added the \[  \] tokens and the other
usual LaTex decorations. Then I ran t1.tex through
line-breaker to get t2.tex. On stderr I got messages
like:

  Can split product: FALSE
  Can split (+,-,=, )-expression: FALSE

In fact everything came out false.

And as a result t2 looks almost like t1 except for some
spaces removed/added. When I LaTex it, the dvi does not
look anything like what I see on page 1 of the book.

Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers,