Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom book (partially) available?

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom book (partially) available?
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 22:45:45 +0200

Hello Bill,

"Page, Bill" <address@hidden> writes:

> I have the resources to produce a scanned PDF format
> copy of the AXIOM book.

Beware of copyright issues. While Tim has the source of the text of the
book and the rights to produce a new version, the layout of the original
book is still copyrighted by its publisher.

I don't remember the duration of copyright until it falls in the public
domain but I doubt the copyright on the original Axiom book is expired.

In short: you can't do that except if you have the written consent of
the publisher.

Yours,
d.

PS : According to the Gutenberg project, the copyright duration is 50
     years after the death of the author. There is no such thing as a
     free world.
--
 address@hidden