[Axiom-developer] RE: tm_axiom

From: Page, Bill
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: tm_axiom
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 10:48:47 -0400

Tim,

On Thursday, October 16, 2003 9:42 AM you wrote:
> Since I haven't been involved in the texmacs/axiom work
> I need some help setting up the correct configure script.
> Where can I find "the entire axiom plugin"?

I should probably wait for Joris to answer in detail, but
here is what I know...

In TeXmacs version 1.0.2, after installation the axiom
plug-in seems to be in two parts.

  /usr/share/TeXmacs/plugins/axiom
    - constains two sub-directories, packages and progs
      - packages contains a sub-directory session which
        in turn, constains the axiom stylesheet axiom.ts
      - progs contains some scheme initialization scripts
    - no need to change either of these (yet) for the new
      version of tm_axiom, maybe in a future version

  /usr/libexec/TeXmacs/bin
    - constains the executable filter files including
      tm_axiom
    - right now all I do is replace the tm_axiom program
      found here with the new one compiled from the tm_axiom.c
      source on Savannah.

On Thursday, October 16, 2003 10:30 AM Joris wrote:

> > Where can I find "the entire axiom plugin"?
>
> In $TEXMACS_PATH/plugins/axiom

On my RedHat 8.0 linux system the version of TeXmacs installed
from the 1.0.2 RPM does not have any associated environment
variable called TEXMACS_PATH. Are you referring to the source
distribution, Joris?