[Axiom-developer] Axiom build

From: Tim Daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Axiom build
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 11:32:34 -0400

Tim,

I've successfully transferred the source files. Thanks.

I'm using TestDrive servers to ensure that Axiom runs on HP
hardware/software combinations. The Axiom build makes heavy
use of the C compiler. I can nice the process to 19 but I'd
rather do the builds when the servers are lightly used. Do
you have "off hour" times (say at night) that you might
recommend?

Is the /house/timdaly file system NFS shared? The Axiom build
is designed to take advantage of this by caching system-independent
work.

Once I've verified that Axiom runs everywhere is there someone I
can contact about including Axiom in HP distributions? The system
is free, is of commercial quality (it used to be commercial code),
and I'm willing to support it.

Thanks,
Tim Daly
address@hidden