[Axiom-developer] RE: GCL 2.6.1 on Windows XP

From: Page, Bill
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: GCL 2.6.1 on Windows XP
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:47:48 -0400

Tim,

Did you download?

http://people.debian.org/~camm/gcl/stable-binary/gcl_2.6.1.mingw32_japi_xdr_
20030929.zip

Unzip it and run the install program. It installed and
runs under Windows XP for me with no problems (although
an earlier version did fail on the install unless you
installed it into a directory named c:/lang).

What kind of "won't run" did you get when you tried it?

About Windows - just think of it like travelling to a
foriegn country where no one speaks your language ...

Details of building GCL from scratch under MSYS and notes
on required patches to AXIOM to follow later (tonight if
possible).

Cheers,
Bill.