[Axiom-developer] linux-static chunk

From: Tim Daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] linux-static chunk
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 09:25:04 -0500

Bill,

We use 2 "features" of noweb, the <<chunk>> mechanism and
the [[quoting]] mechanism. (btw, I'm about to patch the
annoying tmpnam message by rewriting that code).

We also have our own extension of noweb which uses code written by
David to do "booklets". Chunk names that begin with <<pamphlet:
are treated as a url and are included inline during the literate
programming pass. Note that we need to do this. The #include
mechanism in TeX occurs AFTER the literate programming pass so
you can't use it to include pamphlets since they would not be
expanded properly. The booklet code is in src/doc.

In general the longer term plan is to adopt the "protocol" style
of URLs (http:, ftp:, etc) to specify literate programming features.
One feature in the design pipeline is to have biblio references as:
<<reference: or <<spad:, etc.