RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: GCL 2.6.1 on Windows XP

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: GCL 2.6.1 on Windows XP
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 16:27:57 -0500

On Tuesday, October 28, 2003 4:04 PM
Camm Maguire address@hidden wrote:
> Tim Daly wrote:
> >
> > These are the components of the boxup command which
> > works as follows:
> >
> > boxup foo
> >
> > rename foo to foo.org
> > concatenate head, foo, and tail (in that order) into foo.pamphlet,
> > run notangle to extract foo from foo.pamphlet,
> > diff foo and foo.org to ensure that
> >
> > ./mnt/linux/bin/boxup
> > ./mnt/linux/bin/head
> > ./mnt/linux/bin/tail
> >

> OK, these sound like executables too.

As far as I can tell Tim, these little scripts were only
useful to you during the intial conversion of .spad to
.spad.pamphlet. They can be deleted, no? Especially,
because we are going to reference mnt/linux/bin in $PATH,
I don't think you should use names like head and tail
which conflict with standard unix filters.