RE: [Axiom-developer] manexp

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] manexp
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 17:34:39 -0500

Tim,

manexp is defined in domain DFLOAT (sf.spad.pamphlet)
as

  manexp:% -> Record(MANTISSA:Integer,EXPONENT:Integer)

except for some special cases it is given in terms of

  MANEXP(x)$Lisp

which is unfortunately apparently not to be found in
the common lisp specs?

Hence Juergen's definition

  (defun manexp (u)
  (multiple-value-bind (f e s) (decode-float u)
                       (list (* s f) e)))

But where should it go? And why doesn't the Axiom
build complain about it's absence?