[Axiom-developer] Re: [Gcl-devel] make-databases

From: Tim Daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Gcl-devel] make-databases
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 12:00:47 -0500

Yes, if you
  mkdir mnt/linux/algebra
  cp src/share/algebra/*daase
the databases won't get rebuilt. However, the databases will be old
NAG databases. What you really want to do is copy the databases from
another recent build, tar them up, copy them over, and untar them
into mnt/linux/algebra.

The Zaurus 5500 is arm, the 5600 is X-scale.

Could you point me at a site with the .deb file?
Is a .deb file a tgz file? How do I unpack one?
I'm not a debian user. Is there a faq someplace?