[Axiom-developer] Hello, assumptions, bug

From: Martin RUBEY
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Hello, assumptions, bug
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 14:32:38 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

congratulations for your wonderful work! I'm very much looking forward to
using axiom as my favorite CAS in the future!

Unfortunately, I do not have access to the axiom book, so I hope that a
version will be online soon. I'm especially interested in programming in
the axiom language, I suppose I can use the aldor docs for that? Other
than that, I also like lisp very much, but I suppose for axiom it's better
to stick to spad?

One question right away: how can I tell axiom that it should assume x>0,
for example. Playing around, I also discovered a bug, I reported it
already. By the way, I think that the bug form is wonderful! (the maxima
project has already the problem, that bugs are not very much classified)

The bug comes from playing around with the examples given in
http://www.math.unm.edu/~wester/cas/Paper.ps

Maybe a little background: I do Combinatorics, with side interests in
Algebra and Graph Theory, currently at the LaBRI in Bordeaux.

Martin