[Axiom-developer] AXIOM / TeXmacs problems (bugs?)

From: Bertfried Fauser
Subject: [Axiom-developer] AXIOM / TeXmacs problems (bugs?)
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 01:20:09 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I am not quite sure to which mailing list I should send the following. I
am also not sure if some of my findings are bugs or features ... hence I
will provide a few and compile later a longer list which I send after
seeing where to go with.

AXIOM (TeXmacs and cmd-line)
1) The .axiom.input file cannot be red by the command
   (1)-> )read .axiom
   it seem as if AXIOM parses teh filemane and does not recognize such
   filenames which are starting with a '.' (Since this file is loaded
   automatically its not serious)
   WORKAROUND:
   (1)-> )read .axiom.input

2) AXIOM using TeXmacs
  In the cmd-line AXIOM I can define functions using several ines of input
  where lines which are not the last line are ended by ' _'. In TeXmacs
  this confused TeXmacs totally (freezes teh program). I consider this a
  bug, since it schould be possible to come up with multi line command
  (TeXmacs usesd 'shift RETURN' which might be needed to translated
  into ' _'
  WORKAROUND:
  Use emacs to createand input file foo.input and load it into TeXmascs
  via )read foo, however this is not WYSYWIG fashion

QUESTION:
  Should such findings be reportted in teh mailing list or shall I use teh
  bug-report form? I have a couple of errors of the open source AXIOM
  which was reported to work in the NAG version.

cheers
BF.

% |   | PD Dr Bertfried Fauser    Fachbereich Physik    Fach M 678  |
%  \ /  Universit"at Konstanz     78457 Konstanz        Germany     |
% (mul) Phone : +49 7531 693491   FAX : +49 7531 88-4864 or 4266 (comul)
%   |   E-mail: address@hidden                   / \
%   |   URL   : http://clifford.physik.uni-konstanz.de/~fauser    |   |