Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom interactive input syntax

From: nic
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom interactive input syntax
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:20:50 +0000

On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 11:15, Bertfried Fauser wrote:
> What would be of utmost help to me would be a very very good graphical
> type brouser. Indeed even with the large amount of series one is
> tourtored. Furthermore its not so easy to convert types and there should
> be when ever possible a cast operator to perform such changes. At least in
> such a direction to the more general ttype, hence loosing information.
>       Eg a Euclidean ring is also a ring and if Euclidean is not
> necesary or even disturbe then it might be dropped. IF later the property
> Euclidean of that data is needed, AXIOM is lost, since checking for such a
> property might be impossible without further information or user help.
>       A brouser could help to keep trak of system wide known typse and
> might come up with a dependence structure (like the algebra dependencies?)

Excuse me if I've got the wrong end of the stick.

I did some work on automatic type changing in the interpreter for my
thesis under James Davenport...

I should have the BOOT code at home on CD somewhere, although I did have
some problems integrating the final version into the interpreter.

You can get the thesis from http://www.nic.uklinux.net/research/phd.ps

nic

(PS. Hi to Mike Dewar and anyone else I knew back then).
--
nic <address@hidden>