Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom interactive input syntax

From: Bertfried Fauser
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom interactive input syntax
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 11:50:01 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, David MENTRE wrote:

> > What would be of utmost help to me would be a very very good graphical
> > type brouser.
>
> Could you elaborate? What kind of behaviour would you like to have?

Dear David,

        perhaps I am describing what the AXIOM browser will do nayway.
However, for me AXIOM is still lacking a f`type browser which can
graphically (like a file system tree) show the dependencies of typs.

Eg (fictious I have currently no AXIOM available)

        browse Ring

        Ring
          |___ Euclidean Ring
          |       |____ Division Ring
          |___ Artinear Ring

which shows which types are subtypes, (downsearch)

A second way of working should diplay the upbraces of teh type tree
(graph?) so that you see all datastructures which contain the type
Ring, that may be modules, groups, abelian monoids, etc....

This type of knowledge is importand to program AXIOM packages. I spent
currently the most time with AXIOM by searching correct types (in fact the
most general type which allows me to do teh calculation I want to perform)

I havn't looked into this, but I think the algebra dependen`cies will reflect
somehow the type structure, maybe I am wrong.

cheers
BF.

% |   | PD Dr Bertfried Fauser    Fachbereich Physik    Fach M 678  |
%  \ /  Universit"at Konstanz     78457 Konstanz        Germany     |
% (mul) Phone : +49 7531 693491   FAX : +49 7531 88-4864 or 4266 (comul)
%   |   E-mail: address@hidden                   / \
%   |   URL   : http://clifford.physik.uni-konstanz.de/~fauser    |   |