[Axiom-developer] Access to Savannah (was RE: phd thesis)

From: Page, Bill
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Access to Savannah (was RE: phd thesis)
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 20:09:20 -0500

On Thursday, December 11, 2003 12:31 PM Tim Daly
[mailto:address@hidden wrote:

> re: fedora core
>
> The build will almost work fine on Fedora (I'm also a fedora developer
> and have been campaigning against the change that breaks axiom). In
> order to get around the problem you need to become root and type:
>
> echo 0 >/proc/sys/kernel/exec-shield
>
> Once that is done you can correctly build Axiom as a regular user.
> In theory you can download Axiom by incanting:
>
> cd (yourpath)
> cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/projects/axiom login
> cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/projects/axiom co axiom
> cd axiom
> export AXIOM=(yourpath)/axiom/mnt/linux
> make
>
> When prompted for a password just hit enter.
>
> However, the gnu website is down due to an audit.

The (unaudited) Savannah cvs files are now available at

  http://savannah.gnu.org/statement.html

where you will find the following instructions:

---------

For example, to check out the CVS module "axiom" in the Savannah
project of the same name, as it existed in the Savannah CVS tree
when we brought the system down, you would need to use the following
commands:

  export CVS_RSH="ssh"
  cvs -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvs-latest/axiom co axiom

If you already have a subversions.gnu.org entry in your ~/.ssh/config
file with a "Protocol 1" line, you will need to change it to "Protocol
2".

---------

I just tested this and it works for me.