Re: [Axiom-developer] LaTeX output

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] LaTeX output
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 15:08:28 -0500

Andrej,

The essence of the discussion centers around the fact that techexplorer
uses the latex generation just like texmacs does. I've had a discussion
with the techexplorer people (it is now a non-IBM product) and they are
interested in "reconnecting" to Axiom. The code is still there and,
as far as I know, still works. We have to be careful not to break it.

So we must be conservative in making wholesale latex changes. There have
been several discussions about "the standard" but I haven't seen any
references. (e.g. You state that \[ should be used rather than $$).

I'm queueing up a bunch of minor latex changes (such as making
Hexadecimal use \rm and making numeric output respect embedded
spacing). Once I start on that work I'll have a deeper clue about
what changes we can make.

Perhaps we could create a TexMacro domain that holds the style of
output we'd like. This could be referenced when code is generated.