[Axiom-developer] pdf

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] pdf
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 23:37:45 -0500

> I think the problem is not with the quality of the PDF that
> is produced but rather with the PDF reader/view software.
> Newer versions of Ghostscript (since at least 7.x, I think)
> and Acrobat Reader (newest version 6), have very good display
> of type 1 fonts.

I use dvipdf to do the dvi -> pdf conversion and the result is fuzzy.
I think that the problem might be in the conversion program.
I'll download the latest reader and see if this improves things.

> I think it would be a mistake to not to include PDF as
> at least one of the standard formats.

Whatever we do should be autogenerated from the original files.
PDFs are fine and quite useful and we may want to include them
(at least as a ./configure option) but the real issue will be
finding ways to move among all the documentation that gets generated.
PDFs can have hyperlinks but I don't think they support linking "into"
a PDF document.