Re: [Axiom-developer] Compiling error]

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Compiling error]
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 23:08:29 -0700 (PDT)

Main website is at http://www.gentoo.org  It's a beast to install, so
be warned.  You might want to wait - I might have something that's
wrong on my system, and gentoo is not for the faint of heart :-).  I'm
running some system checks now, and I might go ahead and reinstall in a
couple weeks to get the full benefit of the 2.6 linux kernel.

If you do decide to install it, things to remember:

1)  You need detailed knowledge of your hardware configuration -
    remember you compile your own kernel.
2)  The install docs are great, and necessary as well :-).
3)  The most grueling system stress test on earth for PC hardware
    is a gentoo install.  Memory in particular often shows failures
    here where it wouldn't otherwise.

CY