Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: lisp

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: lisp
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 18:15:46 -0400

You're clearly describing the situation with the algebra and
you're quite correct. At the moment it isn't an issue. The
base of the algebra lattice contains cycles. If you change
one of the domains in the cycle then that file as well as
the other files in the cycle have the "fixed point" issue.
Currently the Axiom build does not deal with this.

The second issue, which I raised, is that Axiom is faster after
the second system build due to the .fn files. The build cycle
can (and used to) deal with this issue. It will again in the
future when time permits.

The reason I raised the second issue is that Camm has made some
performance improvements.