[Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom] Cyber Tester, LLC: Free automated bug lis

From: Tim Daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom] Cyber Tester, LLC: Free automated bug list generation for Axiom
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 09:00:27 -0400

Vladimir,

There is code in Axiom to perform regression tests every time the
system is changed.

You're welcome to download the package and create a new testing
scheme if you'd like. The CVS is at:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/axiom

and you can send patches directly to me.

How do you suggest we change the testing scheme?

Hello Timothy,

You are the leader of the Axiom project; do you think it would
be interesting to identify bugs in Axiom automatically?

Actually, I am in software testing 10+ years, particularly, I have
tested MMA, Maple, Derive, MuPAD, and more, details are here
http://www.cas-testing.org/index.php?list=3

I know your site and visited it a number of times. I have a limited
live experience with Axiom but I had read the J/S book many times.
Sure, I also have seen Axiom bug list. I work on automated testing
of computer algebra systems; now I have shown publicly a couple of
first steps like http://maple.bug-list.org/ but I have gotten
essentially farther, and most probably within several next months
I will update cardinally my servers wrt Maple.

I find Axiom to be a terrific environment and have real interest
in testing it. Thought I did not test Axiom still, from the previous
experience with MMA/Maple I can expect that my GEMM environment
can calculate solid "minimal" bug lists, its records will contain
the "minimal" (say, in length) samples at which the given bug
manifests.

What do you make of it?

Best wishes,

Vladimir