Re: [Axiom-developer] Playing with Axiom

From: m.rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Playing with Axiom
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 09:49:06 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Bob McElrath wrote:

> I started playing a bit with Axiom,
>
>     http://mcelrath.org/Notes/AxiomInParticlePhysics
>
> (Any comments on the above page are welcome)
>
> Can anyone answer for me:
>
>  1) How do I unassign/undeclare a variable?  i.e.
>     a: Matrix(Integer) := diagonalMatrix([1,1])
>     a: Integer

I hope the following is self explaining:

(1) -> f:INT
                                                                   Type:
Void
(2) -> f:MATRIX INT
                                                                   Type:
Void
(3) -> f:=matrix [[1]]
   (3)  [1]
                                                         Type: Matrix
Integer
(4) -> f:INT

   You cannot declare f to be of type Integer because either the
      declared type of f or the type of the value of f is different
      from Integer .
(4) -> )cl val f
(4) -> f:INT
                                                                   Type:
Void

   (5)  1

for more information about )cl val == )clear value see pg 990 of the Axiom
book (Section about System Commands)

Hope this helps,

Martin