Re: [Axiom-developer] Bugs in combfunc.spad and partial patch

From: William Sit
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Bugs in combfunc.spad and partial patch
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 11:25:38 -0400

"m.rubey" wrote:

> On the other hand, I like your patch better, since it is more in line with
> the rest of axiom code...

True, however, personally, I program in your style (that is, define the
variables on separate lines). The reason is, one should not rely on the order in
which arguments of a function is to be evaluated, because sometime in the
future, the packages may be recompiled for parallel machines, and there is a
chance that the arguments may be evaluated in parallel. Also, the "Bronstein
style" of inline definition makes the lines longer and harder to read. So he
used inline only when the line still "fits".

William