Re: [Axiom-developer] semantics of #1

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] semantics of #1
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 09:33:27 +0000

David MENTRE writes:
 > Stupid guess: have you always spaces or mixed spaces and tabs? Spad is
 > quite sensitive to (invisible) wrong indentation.

The guess is not so stupid, still its wrong -- unfortunately, I'm tempted to
say. It seems as though axiom is able to guess the correct type for
px.unattainable if the line

            una := px.unattainable

is present, otherwise not. But this is only a guess. I tried, but I was unable
to declare #1 or px.unattainable to help axiom.

            if ((qnum := retractIfCan(numer qx)@Union(F, "failed")) case F) and
               ((qden := retractIfCan(denom qx)@Union(F, "failed")) case F) then
              q := qnum/qden
--              una := px.unattainable
              if any?(q::F=elt(lx, #1), px.unattainable) then return "failed"

Martin