Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom cvs 040624 build error

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom cvs 040624 build error
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:16:13 -0400

Magnus,

It appears that the AXIOM variable is not set properly.
It should be set as follows:

If the top level Makefile lives in

/foo/bar/baz

then you set the AXIOM variable to be:

/foo/bar/baz/mnt/linux
            ^^^^^^^^^^

I could not figure out from your message exactly where the
top level Makefile resides. Axiom uses the AXIOM variable for
two things. First it parses out where it is installed
(/foo/bar/baz) and second, which kind of system to build ('linux').

I test every build before I check it in so, unless the checkin
failed it should build.

You've likely confused the Axiom build system. I'd recommend
destroying the directory and re-fetching the sources.
Alternatively, you need to do the following steps

1) keep the AXIOM variable set to its current setting
2) make clean

  This will cleanup the broken directories and restore the
  original systems.

3) set the AXIOM variable to the new value above
4) make

  This will build the system with the correct paths.

Let me know if you succeed or fail.
If you run the build in an emacs shell buffer you can send me
the complete console output.