Re: [Axiom-developer] LatexWiki/Axiom wide output

From: Bob McElrath
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] LatexWiki/Axiom wide output
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 19:35:25 -0700

Bill Page address@hidden wrote:
> Bob,
>
> On Thursday, July 22, 2004 9:34 PM you wrote:
> > Axiom should also be chopping up its output so that it is
> > not wider than a page.
>
> A C program written by Robert Sutor exists to do that.
> I have a version of the TeXmacs interface for Axiom that
> includes this program but the developer of TeXmacs said
> that he preferred to enhance TeXmacs native ability to
> split long LaTeX lines, so it is not currently included
> in the TeXmacs distribution.
>
> Anyway, I am planning to include this in the LatexWiki
> Axiom interface ... just as soon as I have a enough time
> to work out the details of calling a C subroutine from
> Python. I know it is quite easily done, but do you happen
> to know where I can find a simple example?

pydoc os

or use the existing 'runCommand' that I wrote.  (there are enhancements
to this function in my darcs, BTW)  Unless the algorithm is terribly
complicated, it might be worthwhile to just port the algorithm to
native python.  Python excels at string-processing anyway.

Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of California at Davis, Department of Physics]

    It is unpatriotic to question the Kleptocracy.