RE: [Axiom-developer] Active arch branches listed somewhere?

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Active arch branches listed somewhere?
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:40:38 -0500

Tim,

There seems to be a common misconception about how GNU arch
"installs" on a server. In fact from the docs that I found
one does not need to install the tla program on the server
at all. Instead all that is needed is a way for the tla that
is installed on your workstation to talk to the server via
webdav or sftp etc.

Accessing a directory on a server running under Apache
requires that Apache be appropriately configured. Apache on
axiom-developer.org has all of the preliminary stuff done
such as enabling mod_dav etc. but for each directory on which
one wants webdav access it is necessary to configure the
appropriate aliases and specify the option DAV On. I have
done this as a test example at

  http://page.axiom-developer.org/webdav

You should be able to access the directory via webdav. If
the arch repositories where located there, then you should
have no problem accessing them in the ususal way. If you
manage to test this and it works, I can help you set up
a more reasonably named place on axiom-developer for your
project archives.

I believe it is a redhat 9 system. The hosting company set it up.
I just buy the service.

I have a new open source lab with two dozen machines I'm configuring.
I'm setting up a web server on one now to try to debug this problem
(which is clearly just a lack of understanding on my part). Once I
get it working locally I'll turn my attention back to axiom-developer.org
and get it working there. Perhaps I can convince a student to undertake
the "library" program problem (but I doubt it; 'tisn't sexy, yaknow?)