[Axiom-developer] RE: subscribing axiom-developer to MathAction

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: subscribing axiom-developer to MathAction
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 19:28:50 -0500

On Friday, December 17, 2004 4:58 PM I wrote:

> I have just made a test change on MathAction. I received a notice
> of the change at my own email address since I am a subscriber
> (you must of received it too), but since I am also a subscriber
> to axiom-developer, I expected to see the notice again a short
> time later echoed from that list. But so far it has not shown
> up. Sometimes postings do seem to take a long time, so I
> will continue to wait. In the meantime I am sending this message
> to axiom-developer only and I will see which of these messages
> arrives back in my inbasket first.

Well, it wasn't quite so easy ...

I (via the re-directed mathaction email address) received the
follow bounce message from the axiom-developer mail list:

> Your mail to 'Axiom-developer' with the subject
>
>    [Axiom-developer]

> The reason it is being held:
>
>    Message has implicit destination

The reason is that ZWiki is using the Bcc: email field to send
it's email to subscribers. For security reasons (I guess) mailman
rejects messages that it receives only via the Bcc field. As a
temporary work-a-round I have changed MathAction to us Cc:
instead. This has the side effect that the list of subscribers
email addresses are visible to other subscribers. But right
now with only 4 subscribers that is not much of a problem.
Anyway, if we can forward through axiom-developer, then for
most people there would be little reason to subscribe directly
to MathAction, except for page-specific subscriptions.