[Axiom-developer] more graphics

From: Bob McElrath
Subject: [Axiom-developer] more graphics
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 17:36:11 -0800

Don't you hate it when people reply to their own posts?

I'm new to the lisp world, but the Functional PostScript library:

    http://www.scsh.net/resources/fps.html

is a scheme extension embedding postscript operators.  Note:

    We'd like to have a back-end that renders directly to the screen.
    This could be done by linking FPS's Scheme with the free Ghostscript
    C library of PostScript primitives to render to X. Then we'd have a
    high-level, device-independent graphics system for doing interactive
    screen graphics.

A postscript-driven rendering engine seems an elegant way to unify
axiom's interactive graphics with lisp, texmacs, and
latexwiki/mathaction.

--
Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of California at Davis, Department of Physics]

    "It's not the people who vote that count. It's the people who count the
    votes." -- Joseph Stalin