[Axiom-developer] TeX for TeXmacs for Axiom

From: Eugene Surowitz
Subject: [Axiom-developer] TeX for TeXmacs for Axiom
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 13:38:53 -0500

The comments about TeXmacs drew my attention.

Somewhere in the on the TeXmacs site or in documentation
I recall seeing something about requiring TeX to be installed.
In an of itself this is not surprising or a problem;
but...

Are all TeX's equal?
I'm currently using PCTeX which is a commercial product.
With release 5.0, PCTeX has adopted Microsoft style activation protocols.
Also the executable has probably been modified to take these into account.

If TeXmacs needs TeX, then it may be that they (TeXmacs) or us (Axiom)
needs to provide user/installers a heads-up for the MS Windows case.

Eugene Surowitz