RE: [Axiom-developer] Problem with patch 23 and Solaris 9 identified

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Problem with patch 23 and Solaris 9 identified
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 22:31:30 -0500

Tim,

On Saturday, January 08, 2005 10:32 PM you wrote:

> My tla archives says:
>
> address@hidden
>     sftp://arch.axiom-developer.org/home/arch/archive/axiom
>
> The website used to say '@' but it was corrected to use '.'

Well that is exceedingly odd. My tla archives says:

address@hidden ~/axiom--windows--1
$ tla archives
address@hidden
    sftp://address@hidden/home/arch/archive/axiom

----------

If I try to register a new archive by cut-and-pasting exactly
what is at the website

  tla register-archive address@hidden
sftp://arch.axiom-developer.org/home/arch/archive/axiom

then I get an error. But replacing the `arch.' by `arch@' works for
me.

Besides that, as far as I know normally sftp expects to a user id.
arch@ specifies that the user id is arch and both the names

  arch.axiom-developer.org

and

  axiom-developer.org

map to the same machine. So I don't see how what is at the web site
could possibly work.