Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: algebra Makefiles with explicitdependencies, b

From: Stephen Wilson
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: algebra Makefiles with explicitdependencies, bootstrap, fixed-points etc.
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 21:18:44 -0500

Tim,

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 09:39:22PM -0500, root wrote:
> It appears that expressIdealMember is not mentioned in the signature
> list for EuclideanDomain() and was not used locally so the compiler
> did not generate code for it.

I noticed this too but Im not confident that this is the case. The
catdef.spad.pamphlet has a stanza `<<EUCDOM-.lsp BOOTSTRAP>>=' which
includes the (nonexistent) chunk `<<EUCDOM-;expressIdealMember;LSU;10>>'.
The bootstrap code for EUCDOM mentions this function explicitly, as
does bootstrap code in INT and SINT. Moreover, the code for this
function is generated at the end of a normal build. I really think
this a missing chunk (or, perhaps, I'm missing one :).

Sincerely,
Steve