RE: [Aldor-l] Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom/Aldor

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Aldor-l] Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom/Aldor
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 16:41:45 -0500

Tim,

I installed "Aldor version 1.0.2 for LINUX(glibc2.3)" on
axiom-developer.org several months ago. The date on the
aldor tarball in /home/page is May 19  2004. Aldor should
be accessible to you when you log in at axiom-developer.
Just add

  export ALDORROOT=/usr/local/aldor/linux/1.0.2
  export PATH=$ALDORROOT/bin:$PATH

to your .bashrc, do

  . .bashrc

and your should be able to type

  aldor ...

You should find the libaries in the standard locations.

There is apparently a fairly up to date windows binary
version as well, but I haven't had much time to play
with this yet.

At the time I was planning to implement a MathAction-
Aldor web interface that would look something like this

\begin{aldor}
... aldor code ...
\end{aldor}

and which could be intermixed with Axiom code on the
MathAction website. I got distracted by other things
and so have not yet completed the integration with
MathAction but there is not a lot more to do. Recent
discussions here about getting Axiom and Aldor working
together again suggest that it might be time for me
to raise the priority to make this possible.