RE: [Axiom-developer] Windows space in directory/file names

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Windows space in directory/file names
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:49:53 -0500

Tim,

Thanks for pointing out short path names on Windows. Yes,
I think this is very useful for supporting old lagacy
Windows/DOS applications that have not been updated to
support long file names (are there still out there?) No,
short paths can not include any spaces.

I think such a manipulation of the names might be appropriate
to include in the Windows version of the lisp TRUENAME
function (or a variant thereof) in order to supported older
programs. But in new coding, I think it will not be a problem
to support full long file names including spaces. It is just
a matter of finding and fixing the "gotcha's".