[Axiom-developer] GCL 2.6.6 branch created

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Axiom-developer] GCL 2.6.6 branch created
Date: 13 Jan 2005 18:08:42 -0500

Greetings!  OK, I've rolled the known fixes into a 2.6.6 CVS branch.
The changelog is below.

gcl (2.6.6-1) unstable; urgency=high

  * New upstream release
  * Allow .data section to be first in executable, as on solaris.  Also
    allow for new bfd section size semantics
  * Don't try to write map file when not using GNU ld.  Also allow
    compile-file to process pathnames with whitespace on Windows
  * Fix corner case fixnum arithmetic on 64bit machines
  * Rework gmp_wrappers semantics for older gcc
  * Explicitly mprotect loaded code pages PROT_EXEC on x86 Linux, as FC3
    now requires it.
  * lisp-implementation-version is GCL
  * Reader extension patch allowing for foo::(bar foobar) semantics

 -- Camm Maguire <address@hidden>  Thu, 13 Jan 2005 23:03:23 +0000

If anyone knows anything else which should go in to this bug-fix only
point release, please let me know in the next few days.  Starting next
week, I will be away for 1 month.

If anyone needs assistance building the tree for testing purposes,
please let me know.

Please also pass this on to any other interested parties I may have
neglected in the address list.

One item not yet addressed which I may get to in time is the recent
SGC/MacOSX instability, which I'm hoping Aurelien can shed light on.

Take care,