[Axiom-developer] QA/testing process of AXIOM ?

From: Vladimir Bondarenko
Subject: [Axiom-developer] QA/testing process of AXIOM ?
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 08:07:59 +0200

Hello,

I keep thinking on some ideas on how to organize AXIOM QA/testing
with the maximal efficiency, given the status of the project. Thus
I'd like to see what was achieved with commercial AXIOM and what was
the amount of the effort. As an adage runs, The onlooker sees most
of the game, and hopefully, I could come up with something AXIOM
Developers find useful, who knows?

In the Contributors of the original AXIOM book we read

> Timothy P. Daly (IBM, Yorktown) ... is responsible for porting,
> testing, performance, and system support work for AXIOM.

Again, up to the trade secret limitations, and referring to the
fact that now it is 2005, is it possible to hear any extra info
about how testing and generally QA was organized in the AXIOM
project? In particular, how many persons had been involved in
testing/QA, what is estimation (or even exact amount) of time/
resource spent to AXIOM?

Any other points of such nature would be much helpful - thanks
in advance.

Best,

Vladimir