Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom graphics from inside TeXmacs?

From: Kostas Oikonomou
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom graphics from inside TeXmacs?
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 10:40:50 -0500

Bill,

Thanks for the very informative reply!

I need time to digest all you said, but I just want to clarify one thing at this
moment:

2) The Axiom graphics program runs as a separate process from
   Axiom itself. That you get as far as being able to generate
   an Axiom graphics in an external X-window surprizes me since
   normally the tm_axiom.exe interface program starts only the
   `AXIOMsys' process. Either you have changed the tm_axiom
   program or your must be using a very old version of TeXmacs.
   The old version used to call the `axiom' script instead of
   `AXIOMsys'. Under the most recent source from the axiom--
   main--1 branch calling the `axiom' script also starts
   `sman' and the graphics process.

No, I am not able to get graphics to appear in an X-window from
inside TeXmacs.  That's what I *want* to be able to do.

I have TeXmacs 1.0.4.4 (latest being 1.0.4.5).   I know the plugin calls
AXIOMsys, and I tried to make it call "axiom" or "sman" with no
immediate success.

My preliminary, high-level, thought is to go the postscript way as you suggest.
I've used the GnuPlot plugin for TeXmacs, that's what it does.

                                Kostas