[Axiom-developer] IssueTracker emails

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] IssueTracker emails
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 01:15:24 -0500

Bill,

It isn't Vladimir, it's Tim

Everyone on the list says 2 things:

  1) this is a bug
  2) somebody should file a bug report

Well, since I'm clearly a "somebody" I've taken it upon myself to
walk thru the axiom email queue and record those things that are
bugs. The side effect, of course, is that it appears that I'm
spamming the list for those people who are subscribed. I can't
seem to help that, unfortunately.

I'm also updating the documentation (book volumes) and the FAQ.

It is important to get these bugs captured and recorded somewhere
and IssueTracker is the place of choice.

Once I complete this tedious task I'm going to flame people who post
bug emails and do not file a bug report on IssueTracker. We do need
to track and fix these bugs. I have not had the time (I still don't)
but we're nearing a point where axiom is escaping our developer
community. A quality piece of software needs bug tracking and bug
fixing so this is a necessary first step.

I don't have the time to properly format several thousand emails
so these are going to look rather poor in display but the content
is all there. It would be useful if I could turn off formatting
or quote the email somehow so it looks better.

My apologies for the spam-like quality of this activity.