[Axiom-developer] RE: how to change category of a bug?

From: Page, Bill
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: how to change category of a bug?
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 01:14:11 -0500

Tim,

On Tuesday, January 25, 2005 12:42 AM you wrote:

> Unfortunately, as you seem to have already discovered,
> the category, severity, and status fields are not set.

Yes. As far as I know, there is no way for the system to
determine these from the contents of the email. In the Pari
bugs system discussed by Frédéric Lehobey,

http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/Bugs

a special "pseudo-header" that contains such fields is defined.
The system looks for such a header and sets status fields
accordingly. I suppose it might be possible to do that in
MathAction with a little hacking.

> I don't know how to set those fields after the bug is
> created. How do I do that?

Just click on the issue title and it appears. Make the changes
and click Change.

But... some complications arise if the Page type is Plain Text.
In that case because of a bug in IssueTracker, the fields do
not show up. A work-around is, first click Edit, change the
Page type to something else, e.g. Structured Text+LaTex. Click
Save, change the fields, click Change, then Edit and change
Page type back to Plain Text and click Save. I have submitted
a issue report to the ZWiki developers about this.

In my previous tests, emails sent to address@hidden
were automatically of Page type: Structured Text+LaTeX, so
it should be easy to change the fields. Did you deliberately
change the Page type to Plain Text?